Monday, January 19, 2009

United States of Tara..

The United States of Tara is one of the new shows on ShowTime this season ... I happen to catch the first episode online .. and these are my thoughts ...

first of all I must say that Toni Collette is great... I'm somewhat in-love with her I wont lie
..

and although I wish I had Showtime now 'cause it looks like the kind of show with potential to be very good and somewhat interesting.. especially because Steven Spielberg is the Executive Producer and is written by Diablo Cody (wrote Juno)...

Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Multiple Personality Disorder is very serious, its painful for those around you (family members) especially for the person that it is happening to .. the show although the acting is good.. takes somewhat of a play at that.. taking something which is very serious and turning it into something that is, entertaining, with a family that is very accepting of the personalities Toni Collette's character plays (Buck, Tara, T, Alice)..

Again, I did really like the first episode and I think all of you should check it out HERE ... you can watch the whole first episode free online and let me know what you think ...



here is the trailer for the show ...


1 comment:

  1. Although “The United States of Tara” is funny, it does not fully portray what life is like living with a mother who has DID. I am the second oldest of six children, born to a mother diagnosed with DID, and I have written a book about my experiences with her. My agent is currently soliciting the manuscript to publishers. If you are interested in knowing more about what life is really like living with a mother with DID, please go to my blog and read the first two chapters of the book "Mother Had A Secret", http://motherhadasecret.blogspot.com. Don't forget to include your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Top Blogs
 
Arts